Maringouin is the largest community of North Iberville, and is located at the tip of the parish. Named after the mosquito, which is predominant in south Louisiana, it is closely aligned with nearby parishes. Its rural setting amid the huge live oaks, Bayou Grosse Tete and picture-perfect open green pastures make it a paradise for those seeking the quiet life.
Maringouin is believed to have been settled by Acadians in 1802. It was incorporated in 1907, and is primarily a rural farming community. The town had concrete roads by the early 1920s.
Today, it provides water, sewer and natural gas service to its residents, has lighted streets, an 8-acre park, and an active fire department.
Town Hall can be reached at (225) 625-2630.